2024 Season numbers are off until 3/25

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

2024 Season numbers are off until 3/25

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:10 am

To save me unnecessary work PLEASE read every word of this before you take action or ask me a question… I can tell when you don't and it is a waste of time!

3 different number choices!!! Not 3 of the same number. It kind of misses the point.

Vet 40 is now VET 45 for 2024

There will be a membership fee of $15 for those who want season points. This fee will be paid at the first race you attend. Next year I may only allow early numbers to members. I decided not to do that this again this year.

If you are brand new, I would just run our temp numbers until you are certain of your class. No sense spending money on cool graphics/numbers and find out you need to get a new number for a new class.
First time rider info... https://www.2017.fmhsc.com/index.php/fi ... rider-info

What the numbers mean:
First let’s review some very important things that give our series numbers meaning. The first digit indicates what class you are in (i.e. 5 = B Vet ). Two digit numbers are earned and CANNOT be used by anyone else during the season even if it is not being used (i.e. 53). Look at the top ten list on the homepage and see what your number is but make sure you haven’t bumped out by percentile. If the rider number has a ZERO in the middle it means that rider has moved up from a lower class. These are only used for that purpose and the final digit has no sequence or meaning. (i.e. 503). From the first class digit and then above 10 the numbers are open to anyone (i.e.510). I would prefer to give the number to the racer who had it last year but I really can’t do more than let it be on a first come first served basis.

Selecting a class:
The next most important thing is that each class is based on speed and some on speed AND age. The way we have it set up, if you are over 35 you can ride the under 35 class if you choose. I personally prefer we keep them split and over 35 guys ride the Vet classes, but it is up to you. If you are under 35 you cannot enter a Vet class. I think the classes may fill in better if we try to stick to all +35 riders in the Vet classes.
Look here to see what your percentile was from last year. Use the drop down to sort by class, name, etc…
https://www.moto-tally.com/FMHSC/Advanc ... tiles.aspx

Keep in mind that the final average on the right only counts 70% of the totals. Also, look at each race and see what you are capable of and make a solid decision right from the start of the season. It really kind of wears me out how many people want to ride down one class and whine and beg to be allowed to. If you are on the cut off you likely should be riding up a class. ESPECIALLY at the lower levels. Not so much for the B class and up. This percentile stuff is not the absolute factor, it is more of a guideline to get things where they belong and keep them there. It has more variation in it this year due to the split format but it is still pretty close. If you really look close you may see that some of your high numbers were high for everyone in that race. Some races just fluctuate up and others go down a bit.

Here is a link to the 2024 classes with percentile brackets for each
https://www.fmhsc.com/2017/index.php/classes

Number request:
At this point you know your speed, know your class, and now you need to pick a number. I would prefer to give the number to the racer who had it last year but I really can’t do more than let it be on a first come first served basis. Just drop down bike availability at the top.
http://www.moto-tally.com/FMHSC/BikeNumberList.aspx

Go here and look to see if it is available. This list opens to alphabetical but the list you are used to seeing is found by clicking on bike# availability in the select view list. I will keep this list as current as I can but there is that chance it shows available but someone just requested it. I will be keeping track of the order the requests are done. Give me three different choices. As much as possible, I like to give the number to whoever had it last year. If you didn't ride last year and you requested a number, don't be surprised if I give that out. Several folks keep locking down a number then they don't come and ride even one race. You have to have ridden a race last year to lock your favorite number down this year. This obviously does not apply to new riders.

And finally, all this can be done on line by you. PUT IN THREE CHOICES. Just go here…
https://www.moto-tally.com/FMHSC/Series ... ation.aspx

Just follow the directions and it is a snap. This will let you take a minute to update all of your personal information. DO IT. I need up to date records so I can contact you. All of this goes in a cue and I will approve it. DO NOT ORDER NUMBERS UNTIL YOU GET A CONFIRMATION that you got the first choice you put in for AND I suggest you make sure you see your number on the number report online. That is the official list and I can’t think of anything that would cause that not to be verification enough for you to order numbers. As a absolute LAST resort, contact me by email at ktms@fmhsc.com and leave all your information and the number you want. I will make sure I assign them by the actual time requested and compare that to the online ones coming in. When you see how easy this is, you simply look silly telling me it is too difficult!
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!